network removal.

GUNDAM-RX78

Registered
hello guys.

I would like to pick your brains about something. I recently had an upgrade of net provider so I had a new modem and another black box put in (dont know what the box is for as its all in Japanese), I think the box might be for a telephone ip telephone or something. I managed to get the internet running by directly plugging into the modem with a lan cable.

However with my last modem I was able to plug it into an airport express and then set up a network and had wireless, easy as 1 2 3 so to say. Now I have changed over to a new setup, I have no idea how to configure the airport to communicate with the new modem.

I thought that to erase the old network I set up would solve it and just make a new network from scratch. I have fuddled around with everything on internet connection and network system pref and airport utility advance pref but nothing seem to work.Can I erase the old network I made in my house or do I have to change it??

By the way when i plug in the lan cable to airport the light goes green but the mac I have wont connect but has the old network listed that I set up before.

If all this sounds like muddled garbage, kick my ass in a reply with some good clear questions for me and i will explain as best I can.

Thankyou guys, I really need your help. Not least of all because the japanese people do dick for foreigners out here!!!!

Cheers

GUNDAM-RX78 said:
By the way when i plug in the lan cable to airport the light goes green but the mac I have wont connect but has the old network listed that I set up before.

The green light means that the Airport station is connecting to the network OK.
The fact that the old Airpot network name still appears in the drop down means that your Airport is still setup the same as before. If you click this network name in the list, it should connect your Mac to your Airport station, and you should then have Internet access.

If you're still stuck, then try resetting the Airport station. On the bottom of it, there will be one of those tiny reset buttons that you need to use a paperclip to press. Press it and hold it for a second, and the light should blink. The Airport is then back to factory settings. Run the Airport Setup Assistant in /Applications/Utilities and it should simultaneously setup the Airport itself and your own Airport settings making the whole process fairly straightforward.

The green light means that the Airport station is connecting to the network OK.
The fact that the old Airpot network name still appears in the drop down means that your Airport is still setup the same as before. If you click this network name in the list, it should connect your Mac to your Airport station, and you should then have Internet access.

If you're still stuck, then try resetting the Airport station. On the bottom of it, there will be one of those tiny reset buttons that you need to use a paperclip to press. Press it and hold it for a second, and the light should blink. The Airport is then back to factory settings. Run the Airport Setup Assistant in /Applications/Utilities and it should simultaneously setup the Airport itself and your own Airport settings making the whole process fairly straightforward.

Thats awesome. It worked a treat, I did what you said and it worked. Cheers.

Back