new iMac acting sketchy

scoopmassad

Registered
Three-week old Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 1GB memory, running 10.4.8. Three times in the past week, the power has shut off with no warning and for no apparent reason. Twice, while working, the indicator light has flashed slowly. Lastly, it just started freezing on start-up (which launches MacAfee Virex). I trashed Virex, but am starting to think something's wrong with the machine. Should I call Apple?

Thanks.

Your iMac should not just shut off by itself for no reason.

Recheck your EnergySaver settings, to make sure that some setting does not tell the iMac to shut down at a certain time, for example.

Shut off, means that the power is off, and the sleep light is not on, or flashing slowly (indicating sleep). If the power actually shuts completely off, then I think it's time to call Apple....

Yea call Apple, i'm sure they would be MORE then happy to help and also it's only Three weeks old so you got free phone support (You need to double check this)

The Doctor

Yea call Apple, i'm sure they would be MORE then happy to help and also it's only Three weeks old so you got free phone support (You need to double check this)

The Doctor

ishackimagekt4.gif

Back