new screen - red vertical line..

alexandr

kosmonaut
i just got my iBook 12" back from repair, it was covered under the expanded logic board failure program.

it came back with a new logic board and even a new screen. the screen however has a thin red vertical line which stretches over the whole screen. it is situated just a couple of mm's from the left side of the screen, but because i keep my dock to the left it shows(the line is there all the time, but extra visible on a light backgreound like the dock) up every time my dock slides out from the edge.. which over time is gonna annoy the h*** out of me.. actually, it already does..

is this a reason to take it back to apple? i don't know why they changed the screen, since it apparently was the logic board which was faulty, but anyway - it came back with a red line, which my old screen had not!!

what do you guys think? please tell me this is a reason to take it back to apple...

i was thinking of selling it and i know this isn't a very good thing for the price..

alex.

Hi alexandr

You should you ask apple an explanation on why they changed the screen too.

I would get in touch with them and try to work it out, eventhough it sounds odd they returned it without checking it thus not noticing your display new problem.

"patience is the mother of virtue"

i will try to give apple a call then.
but - as i spoke to them the last time they just opened a case and then re-directed me to a certified apple center which carried out the reparation. trough apple i was given a so-called CS-code(CustomerSatisfaction-code, i think). as i told and gave this code to the apple center they told me i shouldn't worry if it was the logic board who caused my original problems or if it was a screen-cable or whatever.. with this code "they code practicly change everything at apples cost". i told them "great", and handed in my iBook..

problem now would be if they carried out this "on their own will", just beacause they had the CS-code, apple might not appreciate the extra cost by replacing the screen once again...

any ideas??

alex.

Back