Newest Mac user.....its never to early

huck

Registered
Here is Phaedra Elizabeth. She recently just "Switched" from bottle to Mac.

peace.

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 35
Just to get the full spectrum of switchers...

I just helped my 75 yr old grandfather switch from a prehistoric pc to a shiny new 1Ghz eMac and the joys of osx :D. I've made it just about foolproof, with shortcuts to things everywhere. He seems really happy with it , especially the screen quality (important cos he's a novelist and sits at his computer writing all day), and says he'd never go back.

Aaahhh, what fun!

ora :)

ora said:
Just to get the full spectrum of switchers...

I just helped my 75 yr old grandfather switch from a prehistoric pc to a shiny new 1Ghz eMac and the joys of osx :D. I've made it just about foolproof, with shortcuts to things everywhere. He seems really happy with it , especially the screen quality (important cos he's a novelist and sits at his computer writing all day), and says he'd never go back.

Aaahhh, what fun!

ora :)
well done ora!

i've managed to persuade 3 sixty-somethings to switch, but my grandparents are now in their late 80's and the answerphone is too much to handle!

Keep it up!

Hah...i converted my 60 year old non english speaking/reading mother to a nice G4 Cube running os 10.3. She loves it...before i tried getting her to use a windows machine with portuguese language support installed but she just wouldn't go for it...now she uses her Mac and doesn't even need portuguese language support half the time, she's not only learning how to use a computer, but it's helped her advance in her english too....amazing what a mac can do.

huck said:
Here is Phaedra Elizabeth. She recently just "Switched" from bottle to Mac.

peace.
I guess this confirms the belief that even a baby can use OS X. :)

Total Konfuzion said:
Hah...i converted my 60 year old non english speaking/reading mother to a nice G4 Cube running os 10.3. She loves it...before i tried getting her to use a windows machine with portuguese language support installed but she just wouldn't go for it...now she uses her Mac and doesn't even need portuguese language support half the time, she's not only learning how to use a computer, but it's helped her advance in her english too....amazing what a mac can do.

Mac OS X is Portuguese localized. But if she's learning English with her current setup, perhaps that's better :p

Back