Odd Issue

tizzo

Registered
I've just recently purchased my Mac Pro and have tried multiple times to leave it on, with the monitor set to sleep (using hot corner) and the computer set not to sleep. The purpose is to be able to access my music library while on the go. For some reason, when I come back to the computer it won't wake, the power light is on so I'm assuming it froze or had a kernal panic.

I'm running Simplify Media and a Hawking USB wifi adapter to access my music on the go, no other 3rd party peripherals. Any suggestions would be great.

Does the computer sleep and wake properly if you disconnect any and all USB/Firewire peripherals?

If so, likely a USB hub or device is causing the sleep issues -- they're notorious for that.

The Powerlight? If you mean the white light that fades on and off, no, thats a sleep indicator, like when you close the screen is that the same light your talking about?
It sounds as if you've already set this up in system preferences, but did you check or uncheck ( Put the hard disks to sleep whenever possible)? And what about your actual settings, when you leave your computer on, is it plugged in? Did you change the settings for both the Power adapter and battery?

Just to clarify I'm running a Mac Pro (tower) with 2.66 GHz Quad-Core, 6 GB RAM, 3 HDD.

The light above the power button (power light) stays on because I never put the computer to sleep. The settings I have in Energy Saver are as follows:

Computer Sleep = Never
Monitor Sleep = 30 min.
Hard disk sleep when possible = On

I have the power running into a surge protector power strip as well.

Could the hard disks going to sleep be the issue?

Oh okay, excuse me, i thought you were on the laptop, and i was reading it directly out of my settings.

Im going to say that the hard disks going to sleep could be the issue, but it probably only puts your disc drive to sleep, rather than your hard drive, But you should try to uncheck it, and see if that solves your problem.

Back