OS 9 and OS X Fonts ??

Kiwi Mike

Registered
I would like to copy some of my OS 9 fonts into X but thir appears to be a number of places where fonts go in X pls advise on what where and why thanks .....

Fonts placed in your root /Library/Fonts folder can be used by all users of the machine, while fonts placed in the user home directory ~/Library/Fonts folder can only be used by that user.

Do any of you know how I can get my fonts to work in Photoshop 6.5 in the classic environment via OSX Jaguar? I just keep getting a missing font message. I've tried using Suitcase 10 but that keeps crashing, putting the fonts in the library/fonts folder doesn't work nor does placing them in the shared/fonts folder.

I also move my fonts over, but am still having major problems. It seems like OS X doesn't recognse a lot of my old fonts, simple ones such as Helvetica Rounded. Are there any other cases of this happening? Would a font managing program work better?

Originally posted by fishbonex
I also move my fonts over, but am still having major problems. It seems like OS X doesn't recognse a lot of my old fonts, simple ones such as Helvetica Rounded. Are there any other cases of this happening? Would a font managing program work better?

I haven't seen any problems with the fonts i'm using. I use Suitcase10 in OSX. I don't put my fonts into the system and I actually need to take most of them off, but do you guys know if the fonts that are giving you problems are TrueType or Type 1 fonts? Maybe it's just the True Types that are giving you guys problems.

kafene.

Back