OSX G3 beige cannot find Wacom Tablet or External Disk Burner

PapaSuede

Registered
Upgraded my desktop (old school) beige G3 with a 500 MHtz processor, USB drive and OS X. Now it doesnt recognise my external CD burner and no matter what updates or drivers I download, it wont see my WACOM tablet. help!

OS X does not recognize all CD burners. But Toast 6.x (from Roxio) does.

How is the Wacom tablet connected? What model? And not to discourage you, but as I recall, some of the older tablets do not work in OS X.

the wacom IS an older model Intuos. Its connected via the old mouse serial port. It worked before OSX and I'm just afraid, even though I found drivers online, that it aint going to work. THanks for your input.

Unfortunately ADB connected Wacom tablets are not supported under MacOSX. This is an ongoing argument on Wacom's support forums. The long and short of it is that legacy ADB support under OSX uses a software workaround that means that the bandwidth is too low for tablets, and that even if Wacom could make a driver then it would be slow and laggy.

To their credit, Wacom don't expect owners of large ADB tablets to just give them up. For their largest sizes that have a seperate logic board and sensor board inside, they are offering a free upgrade to USB. However, if you don't have one of these HUGE tablets then you won't be able to get the upgrade and will have to update to a USB tablet. :-(

As for your CD burner, what model is it?

Try going into Apple menu --> About this mac --> More information and see if you can find the CD drive under devices somewhere.

For the burner check this out. I have gotten it to work with a sony burner before. What it does is it creates a drive profile for your drive so you can use it from all the iApps(including the Finder).

Back