Outlook Express 5 & macos 10.3

marieks

Registered
I have been running Outlook Express 5 on macos 9.1 then I was updated to macos 10.3 at my workplace. I want to keep using Outlook Express 5 because my co-workers have not been updated yet and I want them to be able to use a familiar email program on my computer. My problem is after I updated I opened Outlook Express 5 in macos 10.3 none of my saved folders were there and I had to completly redo my account. That worked fine for a few days, now all of a sudden I keep getting error messages that "address is already in use" and I have to hit "send and receive" manually - the error codes (-47 i think) and slowly but surely my email will come up - this is driving me (and my boss) crazy. Please help. I am working on a Powermac G4 running MACOS 10.3.

In Entourage you can hold down alt when clicking the app to open. This brings up an option to rebuild the database...it's possible Outlook has a similar option...worth trying.

The option key while starting up Outlook Express will optimize the database... if this is all new from a few days ago, then it most likely wouldn't do much of anything.

One thing to keep in mind is that the preferences for Outlook are most likely still from the pre-Mac OS X installation (when you were running Mac OS 9.1). Removing those may help.

Also, if you were using 9.1, odds are you are using an early version of Outlook Express 5... you should upgrade to the latest (last) version, Outlook Express 5.0.6. It works better with both Mac OS 9.2.x and in Classic.

Back