outlook express in OS10

girlieami

Registered
I have tiger running on a G4 and also running classic for some os9 software, including outlook express. when i launch outlook thru classic, i initially get the message
"connection failed, the server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. check the server name and ip address and try again." i click ok and then the outlook window comes up anyway so i can receive and send mail, but at an incredibly slow pace, with the same message coming back intermittently between reads and deletes. very frustrating.

outlook connects thru a shared server and dsl.

any way i can get rid of the message and streamline my e-mail use?

much thanx in advance!

Why are you using an ancient M$ POS, when Mail works so well? As to your problem, you say that you are using a "shared server and dsl." Unless we know the proper settings for your mail servers, there is nothing that we can do to help you.

How about using Apple Mail? If you're concerned that you cannot import to Mail from Outlook, you actually can if you have Office X or 2004 -- import your Outlook Express mail and contacts into Entourage, then use Mail to import from Entourage. You'll have to drag your contacts out of Entourage to a folder on the desktop, then drag the contacts from the folder in to Address Book. I've done this dozens of times for clients and it works great!

Back