Palm Can Suck My Handspring!

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
What's the deal with this totally lame Palm plug on Apple's Website:

in part ... "By Nancy Eaton: Using your favorite hand-held device now requires less hand-holding. That’s because one of the most handy and indispensable elements of the Macintosh digital hub—the Palm PDA—is ready to start strutting its stuff under Mac OS X. It’s time to get Palm Desktop 4.0 for the Mac, the free beta version of Palm’s popular desktop software for Mac OS X. With it, you’ll find you can keep your Mac in synch with your Palm personal digital assistant even better and easier than before."

Hey Nancy Eaton, since when does *BETA* software warrant a 'Get Ready For Prime-Time' type ass-kissing?!?! What are you talkin' about? Until Palm gets off it's lazy keester and releases the Entourage X conduits, its BETA Desktop 4.0b3874938783ewudsuw7328 software is nothing more than a Model-T Ford. Incidentally, I have been having problems with this beta (hence the word Beta, Nancy) since it was pre-released. It keeps locking up my User Data file for one thing, disallowing ANY access to the file without a MAJOR data tweek in the shape of a Merge into a NEW profile. Lame, lame, lame (LAME Ain'T NO Macintosh Entourage-ready application)!

Pleeeze!

Is Vaporware one word or two?

Check this out (another image on Palm.com's Mac area):

Pleeeezze! Soul mates my a$$ (we're the LAST to get anything with Palm)!

Hey Palm! If Palm is such a supporter of Apple then why do we have to pay simply for the ability to hotsync with our Macs??!!! ("Stay in sync with a PalmConnect® Kit. If you have one of the newer Macs with a USB port, get the PalmConnect USB Kit to connect your HotSync® cradle or cable to your Mac.")

As the baby chick goes: cheap cheap cheap.

Attachments

• soulmates.jpg
    soulmates.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
Well, what really hurts: I've got the most wonderful Palm OS handheld: The SONY 770. (Yes, NOT the 760, I'm in Europe, but it's the same, I believe...) And guess what: No synch. Nada. Maybe that this is Sony's fault, but from an end-user experience I just don't care. If Sony fucked up here, so did Palm, because they would have had all means to restrict Sony from doing strange stuff with the USB port.

But hey, I don't really care. I hate doing schedules on my PowerBook, I do them on the Sony directly. And I do backups to a MemStick as well as to my PC, which works *incredibly* well. You can also mount the MemStick as a drive in Windows.

What *I* don't understand is: Why doesn't a Palm Device just pop up on the Mac OS X desktop as a volume? Plus the MemStick as a second volume? THIS would be great and innovative, Palm's 4 Beta isn't any more convenient than 2.x was on Mac OS 9.

Rant, rant... And while I'm at it: Palm is slow, anyway. No 4.1 update for m500/505? Hell, the system's been out for a while, hasn't it? At least I've got it on my Sony. One more? Okay. The display of my Sony should have shown Palm months ago where to stick their m505. They don't actually build their own displays, or do they? And if they're buying them from somewhere like Sony does: Please, Palm, buy the same ones! 320*320 rules. If you've ever read a book on such a screen, you'll never want to look at an old Palm even.

The m505 has *one* advantage. It has style. It's a beautiful machine. I had one, but the advantages of the Sony even let me kick Mac synch.

Back