PB 15" G4 1Ghz Combo, Trackpad Question

chiphead

Registered
First of all let me say that I'm a PC user, I have no other need for a laptop other than to play with it. I looked around for a comprable PC laptop and nothing comes even close to the sleekness of this PB. I'm really enjoying learning OS X and macs in general.

My question; is there a hidden setting that adjusts trackpad tapping pressure? I find myself clicking things I don't want to open because the tap feature seems too sensitive. This happens often when I need to lift my finger to track further across the screen. I could set the tracking speed higher but then I loose precision. I know on PC laptops there is adjustments for this but can't find any in Panther.

I also bought an Apple Bluetooth mouse to go with this PB so most of the time it isn't an issue, but when I'm portable I like to tap instead of using the button for clicking.

If there is nothing Apple really needs to make an improvement with their trackpads, or trackpad software.

Just thought I'd mention every possibility, just in case. :) Besides, with SideTrack, you're pretty much set.

Ok, I confess. I didn't look at the date. ::ha:: lol That is pretty funny. think it's time for me to say good night, Gracie. :p

chiphead said:
Sounds like a good app, but does it provide trackpad tap sensitivity adjustments?
No, it doesn't. But I declared the tap clicking as second click. In case I "press" it accidently, it doesn't harm that much. The first click is worse.. ;)

I installed that sidetrack proggy. It is a good thing. I'll just have to live with accidentally tapping now and again on the road. I can't believe more folks don't wan't an adjustment for this. Maybe we can hope for an update or request it from the sidetrack developer.

Oh and I did download the LATEST version. :D

Back