PDA and Software

sunnah

Registered
I am looking to buy a PDA. Either the Palm Treo 650 or the Palm Treo 700p. I also need infant/baby/child software. It is for my wife who is expecting and she needs to keep track of all the items a woman deals with when having new ones. I have been looking around and am getting confused. Is a PC always necessary to download the software and then upload it into the Palm? She uses an iBook with OS 10.4.7 so I would like her to use iSync. I would like as much as compatibility for her to manage htings herself. If I need a PC then it would be inconvenient. Can anyone help sterring me to adequate software/hardware for my MAC? Thank you very much.

-=SunnaH=-

I use a treo 700w with my mac, And if you have a copy of virtual PC you can install active sync and it works fine. Their used to be a problem getting virtual pc to work with the Treo's but after the firmware update a program called USB Switch was integrated into the OS and it allows for Serial USB which works just fine for Active Sync and Virtual PC.

-Eric

Thanks fellas. I know now that the Treo 700p is the right choice that I made but I still do not understand exactly how I am going to get software in it. Other than installing virtual PC on my MAC I have not other option or just use my PC to upload apps to it and let my wife manage the rest from the MAC? Or does it download and install software directly in it? Does that mean I have to budget for the Internet Access on the Palm too?

The 700w has Windows Mobile, and you'll need a PC, VirtualPC, or PocketMac to work with it. The 700p is Palm-based and will work with the Mac, assuming you have bluetooth.

look for a Mac program called Missing Sync for Windows mobile. Then you will not need vertual PC etc.

Back