Photoshop preview icons suddenly go back to"generic"?

Birdman

Registered
Yes, now in all my finder windows, randomly mind you, as not all PS file icons went to that faceless (graphic) green shaded generic icon of Photoshop CS ???

It's rather annoying when looking through files. Double click in the finder (list) and they all show the proper larger thumbnail preview, but many of smaller icons are again, generic, but weirdly not all. I tried reinstall of PS and it did nothing. It seems to have made no difference if the jpegs were created in PS 7 or PS CS. Seems random

Btw, I'm 85% sure this happened after updating to (OS X) 10.3.9. DiskWarrior, Applejack, Permissions all been run.

I've looked under Finder prefs and file handling prefs in PS all say to show the icon.

Please help me get my little preview icons back. Thanks!!

T

Has anyone else seen this, it happens to everyone one of our icons and we are using leopard with Illustrator CS2?

Many thanks
R

Wow, this is a blast from the past. Yep, to this day, 10.5.8 still oddly (and seemingly randomly) suddenly stops showing thumbnail/preview icons and goes "generic", but if the file has been saved in PS (CS3 and CS4) the icon always stays w/ the preview thumbnail. The "fix" is to option click on the finder and relaunch it... until it happens again, 2 days later, two weeks later, who knows? Maybe when my copy of Snow Leopard arrives this will stop?

Back