php 4.2.3 from source make problems

alligatorTim

Registered
recently upgraded to 10.2 (i get the feeling from reading here this happened to a lot of people) and it was a total train wreck on my unix envirionment. i still have no idea how much stuff it changed, nor was i able to find any documentation on the upgrade process .. but basically it went in and changed every configuration file it could find and reinstalled random programs that were part of the "package".

so here i am today, 3 months later, and i've got apache 1.3 installed with fink, mysql from entropy, and i'm currently i'm doing the fink install of php 4.0.something. i don't mind using this package manager, but it's an old version of php with known security issues, and it's also taking the opportunity to add a bunch of "dependencies". (is xfree86-base 4.2.0-12 really a dependency of php?).

i've never had a problem building php 4.2.3 on other BSDs, but the make is dying with this message...

PHP:
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _virtual_utime
TSRM/.libs/libtsrm.al(tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo) definition of _virtual_utime in section (__TEXT,__text)
TSRM/.libs/libtsrm.al(tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo) definition of _virtual_utime in section (__TEXT,__text)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/php-4.2.3.

i've tried to configure with both

PHP:
./configure --with-apxs=/sw/sbin/apxs --with-mysql
./configure --disable-cli --with-apxs=/sw/sbin/apxs --with-mysql

???

Back