Practice

Trip

Registered
I've decided I could really use a lot of work with my artists eye, so every other day i'm going to sit down and make completely random sketches. Feel free to comment, but note that this is basically just a post for me to review myself.

For today, a small eye "study".
1.jpg

Yesterday I was having major internet problems, so I'll just post yesterdays sketch right here, and then in a few hours I'll post todays sketch.

2.jpg

For today's sketch I decided to try out some colors. Just a test, never a final. Still wondering what I should do with the shadows...

5.jpg

Cool :)
I'll suggest using your hand when drawing instead of a crappy mouse, and scanning it as line art (bitmap) :)

Wait...
You're drawing - with a MOUSE??? My god! Are you nuts?
*Is almost tempted to send Trip his tablet... Nah!* :D

I'm a bit in a mental rut (being cooped up for over 2 months recovering from surgery does that I guess) and my mind refuses to do any drawing... :p

Even tho I now have a tablet, I feel that I like drawing with pencils better then touching up/finishing the drawings with the tablet... or is it that i haven't played with a good drawing program I like yet? :)

Originally posted by ksv
I'll suggest using your hand when drawing instead of a crappy mouse, and scanning it as line art (bitmap) :)

no scanner, camera, or webcam to get it onto the computer with. So that idea's out. :(

NOTE: no drawings for this/last week due to the fact my computer is going through a painful process of repairing its self. :D

Originally posted by Trip
no scanner, camera, or webcam to get it onto the computer with. So that idea's out. :(

NOTE: no drawings for this/last week due to the fact my computer is going through a painful process of repairing its self. :D

Get a cheap, old agfa USB scanner. I'm sure you can get a 1212u or something for about 20-30$, and they're perfect for scanning drawings :)

Originally posted by Trip

Wish my car did that! :p
*Patiently waiting for a call from the shop telling me it's ready* :)

Back