printer recognition error

premie2

Registered
I have 4 macs on a home network. They all (should) print to an hp deskjet 5850. They are: cube running OSX.2 prints through the IP connection, G4 Powerbook running OS 10.3 prints through the wireless connection, G3 Beige prints through the IP network. I recently added a miniMac running OSX.4.4. It is hardwired to the same network hub as the others and it is also connected to the printer via USB cable. The mini recognizes the printer connections but it cannot "add" the printer in the printer list. When I try to add it to the printer list (there are no printers in the printer list) I get an error notice "successful-ok-conflicting-attributes". This happens when adding the IP printer or the USB printer. Suggestions?

Yes. I can do it that way. The Printer setup utility recognizes the printer - at least it finds an IP address for it and displays it. But when I choose the printer to add, it gives me this error message as described.

I found the "Similar Threads" had a thread from June 13th started by Khama about the same printer utility error message. The solution in my case turned out to be repairing the permissions (Disk Utility). Problemis solved! Thank you very much!

I found this thread having a similar problem...

Connecting the printer direcly to the computer instead of to a USB-hub solved the problem...
Give it a try...

Back