Probably with Quicktime files...

Trip

Registered
I'm just going to get to the point: I have some quicktime .mov files I exported from my new camera, and they have video+audio. But whenever I export them to .DV format only the video is exported. I've looked at settings and such and there's no place where I can export the audio with the video! I just want to get this stuff into iMovie!

Anybody know how I can do this?

[EDIT: Problem, not probably! :rolleyes:]

When you say "new camera" apparently you mean new "digital still camera that just happens to have a video snippet feature" camera, right? Did you post the source file or a processed version of the source file? I'm assuming it's an unprocessed file right off the camera.

The audio and video are "muxed" (open in QT player and do Command+J, choose the pulldown menu on the top left). You'd have to get some de-muxing shareware I think if you really want to process this file.

And just pointing out the obvious, that mov file is not really suitable for iMovie (or any DV) editing as it's only a 320x240 file and for some reason is shot at 24fps.

Well, iMovie needs to have an audio file imported, in AIFF format.
I'm sure that's why it isn't working, and I found a program to convert mov--> aiff, but it's taking a really long time. I'll post my progress.

Thanks for the help guys.
And yes, it was taken on a digital still camera, but yes it has been processed. I changed some stuff with it in QT and exported to .mov. It oringally was an mpeg. Plus the only reason I want this in iMovie is for my own enjoyment. So of-course it's suitable for iMovie. :rolleyes:

Seems like it would be that easy, but whenever I try to export my clips the AIFF option isn't there.

Read Mindbend's post again. The audio and video are not separate tracks. I was unable to export to an MP4 with audio because the file contains no audio track. You'll either need to "de-mux" the file as Mindbend suggested or simply record your Mac's sound output as you play the movie.

Whenever I try to use that program i get this error:

"env: /usr/local/bin/mpgdemux: No such file or directory"

Ok I got it to work. It gives me two files: mp1 and m1v. Quicktime can only open the m1v one (video) so what do I do now?

*This is going to suck with all of the clips I filmed today. :D

mp1 would probably be an MPEG-1 Layer 2 or 3 (MP3) file. Try renaming it and opening it in anything. Or just look around for other MPEG (1) tools.

PERFECT!
Thanks for all the help guys! Now I can get started on something in iMovie! :D Thanks again!

Back