Problem moving to 10.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthshine

Registered
from any version of 10.1.x...the destination disk is dimmed, the comment is that the volume does not meet requirements.

The single requirement that the TIL has for a 10.1.x --> 10.1.5 update is that Security Update 7-18-02 is installed. This has been done.

I'm currently stuck on 10.1.4, and would appreciate any theories on what might be causing the problem.

I have a G3 Series Powerbook 233/20GB/320MB/512K cache/2MB VRAM

I suppose the main reason I'd like the 1.5 update is the Quartz text rendering in browsers such as IE & Chimera. That'd be nice, since Omniweb is pretty slow on this machine.

Thanks

eshine)eshine

I took out the original drive a couple a weeks ago and put in a Travelstar 20GB, formatted the drive into 2 partitions, with the first partition under 8 GB as they demand for certain older Macs, and installed OS X 10.1 without problems.

After the security update 07-18-02, I attempted to install the 10.1.5 Combined update. No go.

So I used a copy of the 10.1.3 (Combined) update, then a 10.1.4 update, then tried the 10.1.5 update. No go.

So, the short answer is, I have enough space on the drive...:D

Are you trying to use a previously downloaded 10.1.5 update? If you are connected to internet, go to terminal and type softwareupdate (no spaces!) Does the 10.1.5 update show here? If so, you must use a more recently downloaded file, has to do with that security update, almost all previously available files can't be used.

I am using an old updater...I'll try the new 10.1.5 updater when I can DL it in one session. (That might be a while)
Thanks

eshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back