Problem with Mail

rimotoon

Registered
I've been having a problem with my Mail program since the first day I got my iBook. Whenever I start up the program it opens a new window and begins to retrieve the folders and what not. The problem is that I have it set up so it goes to an IMAP server, and apparently the Mail program goes through each and every one of them for updates so it takes forever to go through them all, until the program eventually crashes.

I've tried to adjust the settings on the System Preferences but no help, and I can't get to the preferences in Mail because it takes too long. Is there anything else that I can do?

You could take your mac offline by disconnecting it from the network, then go into Mail and fix up your settings, perhaps...

hmm... i tried that, but when i try to get into the preferences via the menu bar, the program goes busy, and eventually i have to force quit cuz the program isn't responding

Wouldn't Mail count as Mac OS X software?

rimotoon: There's no way to make it stop retrieving or whatever it's doing?

well i tried doing that by unplugging the cable line, so it'll be offline, but apparently that didn't help, it still tried to retrieve it. Maybe it's a setting in the network pref...

I am having the same sort of problem , although it was working fine previously.

Whilst trying to fetch mail it hangs! I have tried to delete the mail boxes and add again but it wont let me save it just hangs again!

Chris

Back