Problems with browsing/networking.

Korewa

Registered
Ive just bought a Macbook, with tiger XOS, Airpot extreme card (not base) The problem i have is:
I get connected to the modem wireless (full signal), but i cant browse anything, get to the internet (im using safari and firefox) or connect to my msn :(, the wireless modem im using is 2WIRE attached to my pc with windows xp professinal.
Please help i would appreciated.

probably the modem or you xp-machine is not setup properly.
i don't really think it's osx related...

I don't think it has anything to do with the PC since Korewa said that it was connected to a 2WIRE wireless "modem" (which I think actually means a wireless router).

Korewa, if the PC is getting out to the Internet, is it set up to receive an IP address through DHCP? Also, is the DHCP service on the router also supplying the DNS nameservers from your ISP?

If the router is set for DHCP, then make sure that your Mac is set to receive an IP address through DHCP (System Preferences-->Network). If it's already set for this, then check your router to see if the DHCP service is supplying the DNS nameservers to the DHCP client computers. If not, then you need to supply that on your router's DHCP service.

Hope this helps.

Back