Quark 6.1 printing

Maceoo

Registered
Just upgraded to Quark 6.1 and working my way through its quirks and annoyances. The problem I am having is printing from quark in 10.2.8. The file I'm trying to print goes to the default printer instead of the one I have chosen in the print menu. The PPDs for the printers are installed in the PPD manager. To get around this problem I keep having to change the default device in print center. My adobe products do not have this prob, just Quark. Any help would be appreciated!

I have heard of quite a few printing problems from Quark 6 in OS X. Not sure, but I think you may have to upgrade to 10.3 in order to get Quark 6 to work properly; unless there's another update out there for your quark program.

Are you using a Canon printer by any chance? What kind of printer are you using? Canon drivers can often times really screw up your printing. There's a free utility out there on version tracker that you can use to zap the bad prefs.

I am printing to a Canon 1150, Harlequin 4.5 Rip, and a Linotype 50 Rip. Which device I print to doesn't matter, I have the same issue with all of them. I am apprehensive to switch to Panther with Tiger on it's way, and just getting things squared away in Jaguar.

Well, if you are nervous about Panther DEFINITELY don't go to Tiger. I think you may need Panther mainly because of it's updated options that make Quark 6 function better.

What type of file are you printing?

Back