Quark 6 + Suitcase X1 + OS X = Printing Problem

Natobasso

Tech-Bot 5000
Hello all!

I am working on an on-site graphic assignment and the systems at the site are running OS X, Suitcase X1 and Quark 6 and printing to Minolta Fiery and Color Printers (the big expensive kind that print amazingly fast!)

The art department is trying to print directly from Quark 6 to these two printers, but none of the non-system fonts are printing correctly. Is there a conflict between Suitcase X1 and Quark 6? Do we need to turn on Suitcase functionality in Quark's Utility Manager?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Best thing to do when printing in quark is to just print to a post script file and use Acrobat Distiller to convert it to a PDF, I know Quark says it can make PDF's natively but they are large and bloated, that and they aren't true PDF files, If you save as PS and distill, make sure you use a standard (aka PDFX-1 or so it is v6 compatible).
When you are just doing a small run-off, PDF v6 is colour matched and high enough quality.
After this project, I would recommend InDesign 2 or CS because of it's compliance and well, just the plain fact that is is where the future of digital layout is going.

Good Luck.

Back