QuickTime 6

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
QuickTime 6 is now available on Carracho servers. Wonder when apple is going to officially release it!? Oh well, just lettin' people know its out there now.

I'm guessing they'll release it when MPEG-LA gets their heads out of their arses and looks at how streaming video works in the real world :p

Originally posted by MacMinute
Your Mac Life, an Internet-based Mac radio show, has announced its lineup for tonight's broadcast (21:00 - 23:00 ET), which will feature Larry Horn, Vice President of Licensing for the MPEG LA group, who will discuss the issues surrounding MPEG-4 licensing, which Apple has accused of holding up the release of QuickTime 6 and other MPEG-4 compatible products. Other special guests will include cartoonists Nitrozac and Snaggy of GeekCulture and Alias|Wavefront President Doug Walker. Host Shawn King will also announce the first leg of his Mac User Group Tour.

Specifically, I wanted to highlight the point about Larry Horn. This should be an interesting show! :)

It's on at 6-8 PM, Apple HQ time.

Hmph.. That's the same time as SouthPark here I think. Decisions decisions..

Listen to 8 year olds cussing or listen to some guy read a script about why paying money is good and how everyone will welcome it with open checkbooks.

dricci: OMG my respect for you has just halved. ;) I can't stand South Park at all!!!

I would definitely recommend listening to Your Mac Life. Hopefully the interviewer will come up with challenging questions.

I always get "timed out" errors when trying to listen to YML. any suggestions? I have yet to listen to the show after about 5 attempts...I'm about to give up...

I chatted with some people on Carracho today. And the QuickTime 6.0 Player is a Beta ADC Seed. I was told that the Mpeg2 encoder was not implemented in this version and that it didnt solve the mp3-in-an-avi problem (with 3ivX 4.1 or ffmpeg.component).

The few new things they did found was #1 a "QuickTime promo film"-button. And that some command-buttons has been switched. Like "Full screen" is now Apple+F. Probably it also contains faster mpeg handling and better compability with QuickTime server and mpeg4.

I hope we will se it soon on our computers...

Originally posted by simX
dricci: OMG my respect for you has just halved. ;) I can't stand South Park at all!!!

I would definitely recommend listening to Your Mac Life. Hopefully the interviewer will come up with challenging questions.

I don't like South Park either... but given my choices - I'd probably watch South Park (oh wait, where's the TV?).

I listened to the show a couple of times when it was called something else (forget the name, same host) and just felt they where too... um... I donno... let's just say I felt that it was an hour too long of a show. :p

Sorry... I think I rather watch Tech TV (can they stop kissing Intel and M$'s butt for 5 minutes???) and even that I feel is 30 minutes too long. heh :D

hehe well I missed both actually. I decided to go to sleep early for a change.

Doesn't look like I missed much on eather side, though :p

And TechTV: Never! It should be renamed to Intel XP TV! :mad:

Originally posted by dricci
And TechTV: Never! It should be renamed to Intel XP TV! :mad:

Yeah... isn't it sad?
My friend was raving so much about it and was very very very happy when he finally got digital cable so he can watch TechTV...

Was over one day and watched it... and the only good thing on the show are the girls. :D

The constant drable and non-funny "jokes" for an hour and a half... And then they where having a lame interview with some book publisher (???!!!) that I didn't see anything that had to do with computers or tech! ARGH!!!!

Now, take an entire hour of drable, non-related interviews and non-funny jokes and have only the women host it... now that I'd watch! :)

(notice that I am willing to watch half an hour to maybe an hour of TechTV, but not willing to listen to that "radio show" previously mentioned on this thread for even 10 minutes (sorry) :D)

Whatever happened to CNET TV? :(

TechTV does have some good points, and some Mac fans. Leo LaPorte is a Mac user, f'rinstance. But the best part of the whole show (IMHO) is Megan Morrone. Any woman who wears a "Got root?" t-shirt and says that her favorite website is apple.com is my kind of people!
And she's got a Marilyn Monroe build (pant pant).
:D

Where those good points made by the WOMEN of the show by any chance? :D

Like I said, only the female hosts of the show are worth watching - and actually make the show imo. Dump all the men and their useless drabble and you have a good show! :D

Well just finished downloading Quicktime 6. Seems pretty cool. Performance is better on my iBook. Except somtimes the audio and video of a movie get mixed up. Like yknow, the movie will be playing, and the people on the movie will be talking except its like a 3 second delay before you hear the words. Well it IS a beta version so I guess it's acceptable for now.

I'd just like to refer you all to this thread. I sent an e-mail through Shawn of yourmaclife.com to Larry Horn, who sent me a reply. It clarified some things, and makes the use fee not look so bad.

Just so you guys know the truth about the issues. :)

Back