Recommended Printers?

cgp314

Registered
Hello,

I'm looking for a cheap, small printer that only need to do black and white. Any good recomendations for one that's apple compatible?

-Colin

the current costly part of ink printers are the cartridges. Anyway, all HPs will do fine. Make sure it is an usb printer. But if you are just into black and white print you might consider laser printers, which will be more expensive but in the end more economical. Any hp will do fine. Check out ebay as well

I use an hp deskjet 3320, bought at Target for $40. Does both color and black/white. Been good to me so far and I print out 20 pages of lecture notes every day. Ink is decently priced -- the price of a black cartridge and a color cartridge together would almost equal the price of the printer, but they last a little while.

No driver installation necessary if you installed Mac OS X with the default options. If you didn't include printer drivers when you installed, you'll have to download a hefty file (around 10 - 20MB) from hp.com to get it to work. If your Mac came pre-installed with OS X, you probably already have the drivers. Hell, I didn't even have to add it to the Print Center -- when I plugged it in and powered it on, it added it for me!

Back