Remote desktop 2 and pc clients

TigerMac

Registered
Hi,

is it possible to install something at the pc client (windows). to see him directly in the remote desktop 2 software. i now there are vnc softwares and remote desktop connection client for windows. but i want only to use one software and that is remote desktop 2.

suggestions?

thx

There isn't an Apple branded ARD client for Windows. ARD itself is bases off of VNC. That would be your best bet for the Windows machines. Remember, it will only provide VNC capabilities of things like observe and control, not package installation or so forth. :)

Michael

Technically, you sould be able to connect to a PC running a VNC server on port 5900, but I've not heard of anyone using ARD to control PCs, though many use Chicken of the VNC.

TigerMac said:
Hi,

is it possible to install something at the pc client (windows). to see him directly in the remote desktop 2 software. i now there are vnc softwares and remote desktop connection client for windows. but i want only to use one software and that is remote desktop 2.

suggestions?

thx

Go3iverson said:
There isn't an Apple branded ARD client for Windows. ARD itself is bases off of VNC. That would be your best bet for the Windows machines. Remember, it will only provide VNC capabilities of things like observe and control, not package installation or so forth. :)

Michael

LanDesk is a great solution for cross-plaform remote admin. I also know of another, but that's a secret for now.

I use ARD to Control PC's, both on my network and across the net. Works fine.

Back