Running 10.2.5 Update

Miracle_Max

Registered
I've recently installed OS 10.2 on a G3 400 Powerbook. Nice. However, when I have tried to run the 10.2.5 Update, i am told:
"You cannot install this software on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."
A friend is having similar difficulties on an older G4 Power mac.
Is there some firmware i can run, or anything i can do at all to overcome this problem?
Thanks!

Well, you could try running the 10.2.6 updater... of course, you may have the same problem. In that case, look on Apple's support site for firmware updates for your Powerbook model and see if you can install something.

Don't you love those esoteric error messages?

There's not been firmware updates for this powerbook since well before Jaguar was released, so any relevant hardware updater is in the Utilities folder on the Jaguar install CD. You could try that, but....How about something simple like 'not enough space on the HD for the install' Is your HD getting full (less than 10% total space left), or less than 1.5 GB available. Yes OS X does not NEED that much, but make sure you still have breathing room once you update. Last Question...Is there more than one partition on the HD? Maybe you are choosing a non-OSX partition???

thanks for your advice... ill look into it.
Ill check the jaguar install cd... however every update until 10.2.4 worked, just not 10.2.5. Incidently, there is plenty of space on the drive, and it isnt partitioned. If worse comes to worse, ill just have to keep it at 10.2.4.
thanks again

Hey Max

i had the same problem last year trying to update to 10.2.3.

the reason seemed to be that I downloaded the update from the web instead of doing it through System Preferences -> Software Update.

So if you downloaded it from the Apple site that could be the problem. If you used Sys Prefs you might be stuck with 10.2.4.

Hope that helps

Mat

I KNO WHAT TO DO!
what is something that ALWAYS fixes your problems!?
Firestarter FX! It does wonderful things!

Back