Screen Guards

carreragt1990

Registered
Hey, so I have a 13.3 inch macbook, the generation before the one just recently released, and I was wondering if there are any screen guards available since I've looked all over the internet and cannot find one. My screen gets really dirty and I'm not sure if the screen guard will protect it from dirt and finger prints, but yeah, what would you guys recommend I do?

My screen gets really dirty and I'm not sure if the screen guard will protect it from dirt and finger prints, but yeah, what would you guys recommend I do?

It stands to reason that if there's a film over your screen, then your screen can no longer be touched, and therefore cannot accumulate dirt or fingerprints.

That doesn't stand for the screen protector film, though. If you touch it, it will get a fingerprint. Just don't touch the screen -- it's just as easy to point to something on the screen without touching the screen as it is to plant your fingertip on the screen.

The only way to prevent fingerprints is to stop touching the screen. It's not a tough habit to break. Pointing to things on the screen doesn't mean you have to touch the screen, and there is enough bezel around the screen that you can open and close the screen without touching the actual LCD part.

This seems like more of a habit-breaking issue than anything else.

Of course, you can't stop dirt and dust from landing on the screen, so in those cases, there seem to be a plethora of screen protectors out there, easily found with a 5-second Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=macbook+screen+protector&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Back