setting up AOL mail with iMail

billsmith26

Registered
what are the steps for setting up an online AOL mail account with the mail system on macs (not sure if its called iMail, but its the system on the newer macs) I have my Bellsouth mail account set up and working great with it, I love it. But I dont know what type of mail/the server address it ask for to get my aol mail set up on there. Bellsouth ISP came with instructions for it, and its diffrent with AOL, ive tried an failed. sorry im on a bit of a quetion asking spree, the problems ive been having with this thing made me want to get all this stuff fixed! thanks a ton for yalls help!

Check out this AOL link entitled:

How to Use Mac® OS® X to Read and Send AOL® or AIM® E-mail:

http://help.aol.com/aimhelp/dynamic...p--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId219584

Be forewarned that AOL really doesn't play nice with anyone else. Problems I had with trying to configure my mother in-law's account was loss of the trash and the junk boxes. Also, the sent container seemed to be randomly altered as well. AOL is working on Cheshire (search versiontracker) for Mac OSX which is supposed to enable AOL usage with the iApps but your mileage may once again vary.

Good luck.

Better yet, ditch AOL.

what are the steps for setting up an online AOL mail account with the mail system on macs (not sure if its called iMail, but its the system on the newer macs) ...
The name of Apple's email client for MacOS X is Mail. It works very well with AOL. You don't have to use it, but I strongly recommend that you download and run AOL® Service Assistant. It will give you an error-free configuration of your AOL account in Mail. Good luck :)

Back