Software Update Cannot Connect

gregarios

Registered
I've just tried using my Software Update control panel to check for updates, but it just says, "Software Update is not able to connect to the internet. Please check your configuration and try again."

Unfortunately, after about 4 hours of trying on and off, it still gives the same message.

My settings have not changed at all! I can browse the internet in any browser, get email, ftp to sites, telnet, and SSH anywhere I want. I can even use the Quicktime Update section in the QuickTime control panel successfully.

My entire computer passes a Norton Utilities Examination with "No Problems Found." It also passes with a clean, "All disks appear to be ok" from the Disk Utility.

Is this a bogus message when Apple's server is really down or something?

I'm very stumped and frustrated. Can anyone help?

two people in the news and discussion have posted similar problems. Must be server maintenance. I am checking now if I have it up yet....

and the answer is no.

Mac.com web mail checking was "Unavailable" a little bit ago. Tonight must be server update night at Apple :)

Having same problem. :eek: :( :mad: :mad:

Maybe a 10.1.4 combined updater? Just did a full reinstall of my software. Now have to wait till apples server work again. :(

Back