Sony Clie HotSync Problem (OSX)

Vanquish

Registered
Sorry if this has been posted before but I could not find any refrence to my problem.

I have had a Clie for a while now (previously synced up with Windows). I have just bought a new iMac (wonderful machine!) and I have installed Palm Desktop 4 but I can't perform a HotSync. I keep getting the following error message on the Clie itself:

"Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application"

I just do not know what this means or how to fix it! I get this regardless of what other software I may or may not be running (on both the Clie and the mac).

A UK magazine (MacUser) states that only Palm branded devices are officially supported with Palm Desktop 4 but they had no problems syncing with a Clie!

Can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance for your time!

My system is:
iMac LCD 800 / 512Mb RAM / OS X 10.1.4 / Palm Desktop 4

some cliés have problems. what model are you using? i've heard that 415/615 don't have any problems at all, while the 770 doesn't synch at all. (that's the one *i've* got. there's a shareware that solves this problem for os 9, and it's said to come out for os x very, very soon, but i don't remember the name right now.

I'm using an N760C.

If this is not my fault (and is down to the software), then I hope somebody fixes this problem as soon as possible.

I think it is a disgrace that Sony fail to recognise their customers who own a Mac!

Thanks for you reply!! :)

Back