Soundtrack will not launch anymore

cachymunkey

Registered
I have been using Soundtrack for wome weeks now without any problems. Just recently it will no longer launch. I have gone into the package and ran the executable directly and get the following message in terminal.app.

------------------------
APPLEMAC:/Applications/Soundtrack.app/Contents/MacOS movies$ /Applications/Soundtrack.app/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack; exit
objc: failed objc_getClass(NSScrollingMatrix) for NSProFontPanelScrollingMatrix->super_class
objc: please link appropriate classes in your program
Trace/BPT trap
logout
------------------------

Looks like something specific got trashed somewhere, but I've got no idea where to start, anybody got any ideas.

I have re-installed the application, no improvement.

Although that error message doesn't directly suggest it's a problem with the preference file, I'd try deleting it. open the terminal and type

Code:
sudo rm Library/Preferences/com.apple.Soundtrack.plist

Press enter, enter your admin password and press enter again.

If it still won't launch, try repairing permissions and run a disk check with Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities/

Thanks for the reply. The problem turned out be be ProKit, I had in some way damaged it. I could not initially re-install it. I deleted all references to this package and deleted the Prokit.framework. I then re-installed my applications, still the same problem. I did notice that for some reason the prokit.framework had not been rebuilt, which is strange when you look into the PKG its all there. I used Software Update and downloaded the Prokit onto the desktop and installed it. This fixed my problem.

Not sure what I did in the first place, but I lost nothing and gained alittle insight.

Back