SparkME & iTunes

zwheeloc

Registered
I just downloaded SparkME and would like to take my playlists in iTunes and be able to cross fade between the songs. Is this possible? There is a lack of documentation for SparkME. They have a pseudo-documentation which says to download the MP3s using the Import Quicktime from the File menu, however, I see no Import QuickTime menu option. I wonder if I set it up wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

iTunes lets you cross fade between songs. It's in the preferences. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking about, you really have no need for the SparkME app. Which, I'm sure you will let me know if this is not what you are wanting.

Originally posted by tk4two1
iTunes lets you cross fade between songs. It's in the preferences. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking about, you really have no need for the SparkME app. Which, I'm sure you will let me know if this is not what you are wanting.

It allows you to cross fade, but not cross fade down onto CD. I would like to cross fade to the CD. Sorry, I was not clear on that point.

I experimented with SparkME and was able to get two MP3s into it and create a cross fade. Questions I have:

1) Can I use iTunes Burn to export to CD with the cross fading or do I need to install Toast?

2) When I do burn the CD, will it be as one track or separate tracks per song?

3) Is it possible to import a song list from iTunes into SparkME?

4) What is the main difference between SparkME and SparkLE? I want to be able to create my own CDs for my listening pleasure and want to be able to create my own cross fades from one song to another. I use to just start a cassette and DJ the records/CDs with a mixer, however, if I can set up the songs and create the cross fades and then just burn onto CD the final product, that would be the great!

Any other advise you can give me on SparkME would be appreciated.

Zeff Wheelock

1) Can I use iTunes Burn to export to CD with the cross fading or do I need to install Toast?

If you just drag the song(s) from itunes to the desktop, then drag the song(s) into sparks, edit then save the edited song(s) from sparks as a .aiff(s) --(Each song as a separate .aiff) on the desktop, you can just drag the new .aiff(s) into itunes and then from itunes, burn a music cd...
(crazy, but it will work..)

2) When I do burn the CD, will it be as one track or separate tracks per song?

you need each song to be a separate file ( unless you want 1 LONG track on the cd... ) ;)

3) Is it possible to import a song list from iTunes into SparkME?

again, just drag the files into a separate folder( or desktop ), then drag then from the folder ( or desktop ) to sparks..

Back