Steve Jobs just got props on the Oscars

themacko

Barking at the moon.
A guy who directed a short film called "the birds" or something, just thanked Stevo and Pixar for supporting short films.

I just happened to walk by the TV when he said it .. weird.

Which Apple commercial was shown? I know Apple got a spot, but I was wondering if they did a new one or if they just showed the iMac Window commercial...

not only was he mentioned, he was there! when that guy won, he stood up and turned around and shook steve's hand who was sitting behind him.

LOL...as soon as I heard it I thought about putting up a post here

Then I thought to myself..."would people roll their eyes at me for posting this?" and I decided not to...LOL

:rolleyes:

;)

Originally posted by simX
Which Apple commercial was shown? I know Apple got a spot, but I was wondering if they did a new one or if they just showed the iMac Window commercial...

They showed the same ol commercial with the window...I was hoping for something new, but oh well...better than nothing I guess. They should have shown it earlier in the evening though, it came WAY too late if you ask me.

The animator for Pixars "For The Birds" (As seen in the very beginning of Monsters, Inc) was the guy who won. He thanked Steve Jobs and Pixar for greatly supporting him and his Mac. :)

That mac commercial was funny. I've never seen that one before until last night...but I liked the iPod one better :)

pretty cool!

i think this is only going to be more prevalent as well... SJ is poising himself at the nexus of NLE and effects for film and television...

Final Cut Pro
Nothing Real's Assets
Pixar
DVD Studio Pro
etc...

This guy is tied at the money clip to Hollywood.

Where's Waldo .. umm .. Stevo?

capt.1017027676.oscars_xhol349.jpg

Now why did this get moved from Mac Hot Topics & General Discussion? Is this not a Mac Topic? Is this not General Discussion? Granted, it is non-technical, but it's still dealing with the CEO of Apple...

:) You're right... the eyes just seem to naturally slip away from Steve and settle a few inches to his left, but that's OK :)

Back