Stupid Question about Jaguar

They printed them. Were they just for show or do they actually mean to use them for something? I bought a boxed copy of 10.0 and of course the 10.1 upgrade was "free" so they coupons weren't good for that, but it seems like they'd be of at least SOME importance now that we're getting to the next "major" release of Mac OS X.

They're Proof of Purchase coupons, and nothing more. The idea is that should Apple offer upgrade pricing, you have a method of proving that you owned the previous version.

No cash value, no discount, nada. Just "I'm a valid user."

That said, if you qualify for higher education pricing (university students and staff), purchase via the online Apple Store or your uni computer store -- educational price is only $69 for Jaguar.

Originally posted by Colin
That said, if you qualify for higher education pricing (university students and staff), purchase via the online Apple Store or your uni computer store -- educational price is only $69 for Jaguar.

Oh, yes :cool:

Also, I was just over at MacSlash, and Apple is apparently soliciting feedback about upgrading to Jaguar. It might be wise to hold off for a bit and see if they instate upgrade pricing, or stick to the full-price purchasing.

Back