Techtool 4 bootable cd??

case

Registered
does anyone know how to make a techtools 4 bootable cd.

ive been on various sites and have heard Boot CD mentioned a lot, what is it and is it the answer to my question?

BootCD will only make a Jaguar-bootable CD. Currently, there is no way to make a Panther-bootable CD.

TechTools 4 should come as a bootable CD out-of-the-box. If you don't have the original CD and you wish to use Panther, you're out of luck. If you wish to use Jaguar and TechTools 4, try the BootCD application. It can be found at http://www.versiontracker.com. Just do a search for it.

Techtools Pro 4 comes with a bootable CD. MicroMat can supply bootable CDs for registered customers with models that are not bootable with that CD. I don't think an update for the various bootmakers yet exists that supports Panther, for a make-it-yourself Panther boot with TechTools.

ok, if you are asking how to make an illegal copy of techtool pro, then you are in violation of site rules and will find your account quickly closed. if you are asking how to use the mountable emergency disk in techtool pro, then be more specific.

TechTool Pro 4 has a feature that does away with the need for a bootable CD called eDrive. The eDrive very neatly gets around problems that have plagued both Micromat and Alsoft trying to keep up with the rapid advance of OS X. When you install TTP 4 go to the Tools panel and click on eDrive. You can use this to non-destructively create, or later remove, an invisible, bootable partition on your hard drive using a stripped down copy of OS X copied from your own hard drive along with a copy of TTP 4. The eDrive takes 4 GB of your hard drive for the new partition - and no you cannot change the size, it is the minimum deemed necessary for proper operation and since it is a stripped down version of OS X other utilities may or may not be able to run in the eDrive environment.

You boot from the eDrive either from within TTP 4 or by holding down the option key when you boot. The eDrive is better than using a CD because many of the TTP routines work much better with access to virtual memory and you cannot use virtual memory when booted from a CD.

By-the-way, like the OS X install CDs, the TTP 4 bootable CD does not have a Finder and is limited strictly to running or installing TTP 4.

I must say first and formost that i was not trying to find out a way to create an illegal copy of Techtools.
I'm just one of the few people who is perfectly happy with his (totally legal) copy of Nortons, and have no need or want for another utillity.
It was a workmate who asked me how to make a personal bootable backup of his Techtool pro that he owned, and as i did not TOTALY know the answer (i said it may be posible with toast ), i posted to the forum to see if anyone knew.
And as my collegue always buys legal, i didnt even consider the notion of piracy

my sincere appology to all those offened.

well, if he has the original cd, he should just be able to copy it. nothing more elaborate is needed.

Back