Tell your Windows friends they can buy an iPod soon

You can connect it as a hard drive to a windows machine with a program I think called mac openner, so then all you have to do is format iTunes compatible playlist shouldn't be too hard.

I was reading a KB article on the iPod, and there is an option, from the iPod, to force it to act as a Firewire hard drive, without having to have iTunes use it as a Firewire hard drive. I think it was in the FAQ, and the question was if you could connect the iPod to a non-computer device via Firewire.. and the answer was yes, and to use this special feature to force the iPod to be a firewire hard drive.

As for using the music, you might be able just to drop it in the invisible Music folder on the iPod.

Yeah, but if you take a look at the invisible folder on the iPod there's a lot of funny organizing going on there. Songs are stored in folders named F00, F01, F02, ... and there's some binary database file for tracking where the songs are, what they are, and how they interact with the playlists.

Bummer it's not just a "drag your songs to this folder" thing, but then it probably wouldn't be able to have the nice synchronization features.

-Rob

Back