The end of the cool looking gaming PC

That is what every PC person tells me.:rolleyes: I just find it funny the so call "ultimate gaming PC" is being bought out by the mass producer of the lamest looking PCs in the business. I just guess this is the end of the gaming PC to be "cool"

if your gonna get a "gaming rig" just build your own. Dell sucks.

(i'm even posting this from a dell, and i've had soooo many problems with the new dells at my school)

but no problems with the Rev. A G5's that they have....weird

I had heard this some time ago but Dell had denied it left and right at the time. It somehow tied into the AMD/Dell conspiracy theory that had been on and off for some years now since AMD took the crown from Intel. The idea was that Dell was going to use Alienware as a way to ship AMD-based PCs (since they already had the CPUs listed in their online shop for purchase as of some months ago) and use the Intel CPUs under the Dell brand name. Now that this if all official I guess it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I have an Alienware laptop that I use for gaming and running apps that don't work on Macs. They're really good machines actually (pity about the OS though).

I don't think it's the end of Alienware though because all Dell wants is its profits. It's not making any changes to the structure of the business. Essentially it's exactly the same, only it's under Dell's umbrella now.

Either way, now that they've managed to make Intel Macs boot XP, I've no reason to buy a PC laptop ever again. If I was buying one though, it would definitely be Alienware. (I'd build a desktop by myself)

Back