things broken with 6C98

SCARECROW

Shaguar Pimp
Just curious...

I have noticed that Window Shade works, but creates really bad screen re-draw issues with 6C98. CeePeeU does not work at all... Same with TinkerTool. DragThing is also broken.

And I cant believe that Apple did not put Windowshade capabilities back into X.2 when they listened about Springloaded folders... why not window shade. I hate having everything always going into the dock. Sometimes, I want things there.. other times, I just want to get a quick peek behind the window...

I must say that the boot times for 6C98 are pretty damn fast. Almost twice as fast on my machine... Dual 450 G4 with 892MB RAM and Nvidea Twin whatever card that I snaked out of my work machine which is a dual 800... Mainly because I game at home and so I figured it would be better used in my home machine...

So, anyone else notice these things?

Very cool.. thanks...genghiscohen!

So WindowShade in Jaguar work okay for you then? I get weird missing areas of browser window when shaded.. both in Chimera and IE.

Also, if I shade a window on a second monitor, it disapperar completely... really sucks...

Maybe I will shoot an email to Unsanity.

Thanks again guys!

Just FYI, DragThing 4.3.1 is out which fixed what Jaguar broke. So, don't worry, DragThing will now work on Jaguar when it comes out.

Oh, and more good news. The developer says another version is on the way in a month that will include a feature that everyone's been wanting. Wish I knew what it was.

ALSO, The current DT for Jaguar has a feature that Jaguar added. Personally, I think it's Spring-loaded folders. But I'm not positive. it says "Since Jaguar isn't out yet, I can't tell you what the new feature is, but don't get too excited."

http://www.dragthing.com/english/whatsnew.html

Back