Thinksecret misses the call big time!!

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
Dont get me wrong, I love Thinksecret and most of the time they are right on the money. All of us make mistakes sometimes.
I just thought this was kind of funny.

There has been much speculation that at least the high-end models of both product lines might include a SuperDrive with DVD-RW/CD-RW capabilities. Let us put this issue to rest: There will be no Superdrive version(s) announced. Apple is facing no "difficulties" fitting the SuperDrive into a PowerBook enclosure, as many other sites have reported. Sources firmly report Apple never tried to accommodate tray-equipped drives into these laptops and that until a slot-loading SuperDrive is abundantly available, Apple laptops will not have SuperDrives. That is not to say Apple won't update the PowerBook design when SuperDrives are added. As sure as the sun rises everyday, a PowerBook re-design is a certainty next year.

Well they got one thing right, "Apple is facing no "difficulties" fitting the SuperDrive into a PowerBook enclosure." :p

And "As sure as the sun rises everyday", I wouldn't put much faith into anything Think Secret reported on.

The stuff holding the Titanium together is carbon fiber. It seems to have a tendency to crack when put under stress.

I hated my PowerBook G4s Titanium casing. It felt flimsy. I honestly don't think it added any strength to the notebook.

My worst fear was dropping it because I knew it would just dent the hell out of it. Titanium doesn't give, it dents. Its a very brittle metal and not good for impacts.

try heat fusing 20 thin layers of carbon fibre in cross patching. I will stand behind it with someone holding a .45 calibre handgun.

Metal in general is good at dispersing heat compared to plastic but that is part of the PowerBooks problem. Instead of one hot spot on the bottom, the entire bottom and top becomes hot. :p

Back