This drives me crazy

b4tn

Registered
Why is it that itunes still wont default to the music folder? Why does it have to be home/documents/itunes/itunes music? Sorry this just bothers me. to the documents folder is for just that....documents I hate having junk in there thats not a document. because of this I made my own document folder, for guess what...... documents!

I think I got a little to much sun today..

That's a pretty good question if you ask me. When I reinstall osx for whatever reason sometimes, I forget that I have to change that folder to my music folder and I start importing songs to the wrong (default) folder and then i am like ahhh NO! and I have to delete/do it again. :)

Funny, I do it a bit differently...

I hate having all my Movies, Music, Photos folders in my root home directory. And since I've redone my Windows PC so many times and lost so much data, I got a little more extreme.

What I've done is I moved my Documents directory to another drive, stuck an Alias to it in my home directory, and moved Movies, Music, Photos, Downloads and I forget what else into Documents. So I don't even have to worry about my data when/if I have to redo the OS.

I do still have to change the prefs in iTunes anyway - I just point it to Documents/Music.

If you go to Preferences, then Advanced you can change the music folder to whatever you want

Back