This is funny IMHO

pds

Registered
OK, this is the third time I try to share this thing. It seems like a harmless gag to me, but then who knows. Two moderators have already killed the thread, one was probably right, since the link downloaded the program without so much as a second chance to say "maybe I don't want to do this."

I went to a reasonable looking site with helpful osX utilities called if then soft. It seemed ok, not some dark humored skag of a site.

They have a program there that claims to be a software and hardware diagnostic, but warns that you should read the fine print.

I downloaded it and ran it. I was a little surprised that there was no small print, and I couldn't stop the process after it started.

Then the diagnostic report came. What a scream! It is really funny!

So I risk my reputation and the good will of the moderators and I try one last time to share what seems to me to be a harmless gag. We could all use a good laugh, it's healthful.

If you are brave, xchek is here, but read the fine print first.

If there's something wrong with it please tell me because I can't help but run the thing, the reports are hilarious.

LMAO

Checking flux capacitor
Checking screws
Checking FAT tables... Checking skinny tables
Checking for internal lifeforms

:D

RAM is too cold, Please play MacOs Chess for three hours to warm up the RAM chips.

ROFL
;) :p

The fine print is at the very bottom of "Help XChek."

If you're real quick, you can see the DiskChek part scroll "Contacting Microsoft" at one point. :p

No fun...last time I ran it, it actually came up with No errors found in all checks...

LMAO - I had no errors for anything, then there's a huge banner above saying "Serious errors may have been found." hahaha

Originally posted by Darkshadow
The fine print is at the very bottom of "Help XChek."

I hadn't seen that... Psycheware! :p

They had me going when I first downloaded it. I thought the folder had a custom icon, so I clicked, looking for the fine print read-me, and it sprang into action. You can't stop it and I was rather worried. Then the report came

My RAM dip switch was flipped - Holy Criples! That's why my system seems so slow.

It was only when I saw the Disk Drive report (airtight seal leak caused by mites or ants) that I smelled the rat!

Funny --- YES! :cool:

Back