Throughput - MosX vs. Win XP!

ShadowCrow

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I am running Windows XP on a separate harddrive on my computer (specs found in signature) and everything is working as intended, except for one annoying detail... When I use MosX I get to fully enjoy the speed of my 10 Mbit internet connection (speeds between 9,97 to 10.17 Mbit) but when I am running Windows XP I get a maximum speed of 150 kb/sec it seems. Having some previous experience with low internet-speed in Windows, I have tried a bunch of things to get the speed up, but to no avail (including "force"-setting port-speed between interface and modem to 10/10 full duplex and what not).

Quite honestly - at the moment - I am out of ideas. Utilizing only 150kb/sec of this internet-connection makes me a sad panda. If you catch my drift. Anyone on here that has some ideas to share with me what I could do to get Windows up to speed?

Cheers,

Yeah I am running through Boobcamp and I installed it all using the drivers that the system burned onto a CD during the Boobcamp installation process.

The problem seem to have decreased somewhat, I am getting better speeds now, but it's not what it should be still!

Back