Ti-powerbook: non DVI lcd-panel, on DVI motherboard weirdness

arri

Registered
hi,

after my powerbooks' graphics-card died, a friend gave me his old ti-book with broken screen.
with some modding i replaced his broken screen with my functioning screen and voila, there was a happy mac.

eventhough my screen has a native resolution of 1152x768, and the DVI-Tibook one of 1280x854, the plugs did just fit, and everyting worked great.

however, after i had taken the machine appart again for some additional repare, the (dvi) graphics-card now thinks it has a 1280x854 screen attached, which results in part of the desktop being hidden behind the right- and bottom-edges.

when i select the native 1152x768 resolution, it still thinks it has a 1280x854-panel attached, so it streches the desktop again beyond the right- and bottom edges of the currently installed (1152x768) panel.

the strange thing is that it has worked before, but now it doesn't.

does anyone have an idea of whether this is something i can configure in the firmware of something?

thanks,
arri

ok, i didn't find-out exactly yet how to fix this problem, but i somehow managed to get my pb to believe it has a 1152x768 screen attached already twice now.
i can't really describe a clear process of steps to take, but in my case attaching a 17" flatpanel somehow does the job, in combination with doing a reset all in open firmware..

if i understand what's going on, i'll post my findings here.

Back