Trying to get MegaPhone to work on a Powerbook 180c (68K), system 7.5.3

compton

Registered
Alright, I've been trying and trying for days and days now with no luck running into me yet. MegaPhone originally came with an old Performa mac of mine, which ran off PowerPC. But I thought it'd be cool to have the PowerBook 180c act as a telephone and answering machine. Biggest problem??? its a 68K obviously. In order to get it to work, I got all of the app's necessary components and such and then found out that I needed "CFM-68K Runtime Enabler" for this type of application to work on a 68K machine. So i found that, and then it said I needed "ANSI C++ CFM68K Lib" so i found that, but it says it still can't find it. So I either need other components to the CFM68K mystery or i need the correct ANSI C++ Library, and nothing this old is easy to find. Bear in mind, everything i put on the powerbook is only via Diskette, b/c i can't find that ethernet adapter i know i have, nor the old AppleTalk adapters that i know i have but just can't seem to find. Nonetheless, i've been using my PowerMac G4 to download items, burn them to CD, transfer from CD to Disk via the Performa, and then load them into the PowerBook. If anyone can shed some light on the CFM mystery, or anything about my problem here I would be estatic. Thank you very much and I hope some of this makes sense.

As I recall, MegaPhone is intended only for Apple GeoPort and Appe Express modems... such as those that came with the 5XXX and 6XXX series Macs.... so you might want to try copying Express modem extensions and such from the Performa....

... however, I seriously doubt this would work. I think MegaPhone was engineered soley for the Express modem. Good luck, though. Tell us how it turns out. I'm curious.

Back