TTP / Drive 10 ? which one is better?

kafene

Registered
I used to use TTP 2 & 3. When OS X came out, they released Drive 10, which I though was the OS X "replacement" of TTP for the Mac, but I see that they are actually two different products. Which one should I look into using? I have an older copy of Drive 10 now, but I don't know if it's still good w/ all these updates by Apple.

kafene.

i would love to know the answer to htis one myself as i couldn't afford to update my drive 10 either. however micormat has a promotion going right now that is basically selling them together for the price of one. you should be able to update your TTP to 3.0.9, which is a fairly recent update. 4.0, the os x version is due soon.

Originally posted by edX
i would love to know the answer to htis one myself as i couldn't afford to update my drive 10 either. however micormat has a promotion going right now that is basically selling them together for the price of one. you should be able to update your TTP to 3.0.9, which is a fairly recent update. 4.0, the os x version is due soon.

I was suprised to see a TTP 4, because, as I mentioned before, I thought Drive 10 was the replacement. I always liked TTP since vers. 2 & 3 and Drive 10 was nice also, but I thought that Nortons did a better job of Defragging because it took so much longer to do it than TTP...maybe it's the other way around, since TTP does it that much faster :p

Someone wanna give us an answer on why they have a TTP 4 (soon to be out) AND a Drive 10?

kafene.

oh, actually i asked that question to the rep at the mwsf booth. he went thru and showed them to me - the new TTP is very much upgraded and can do lots more. for instance, it can repair all your unmounted disks at once, rather than having to choose one, then the next. i found the differences between TTP 4 and Drive 10 to be minimal at best, but there are some. each has a few unique tests and repairs. but there are quite a few overlaps as well. the really important ones seemed to be in both as i recall.

Back