Ugrading to VP7

rongor

Registered
Anyone tried installing the VP7(.01) upgrade (from VP6 (connextix)) yet.

Can't get it to work. Says my current installed version is unsupported and it won't recognize my legitimate copy of Windows from the VP6 CD. I tried a suggestion in Macfixit to unzip the copy of XP in the "Extras" folder on the VP6 CD and: "Once expanded, the folder should be moved to ~/Documents/Virtual PC List/ and inserted into the Drive 1 position in the PC Settings of a new Virtual Machine under Virtual PC 7."

I have no idea where The Drive 1 position is and in any case it did not work

RCG

rongor said:
I have no idea where The Drive 1 position is and in any case it did not work

Drive 1 is directly above Drive 2 in the PC Settings list. I think you click on the Drive 1 entry, and then browse to your drive file.

The upgrade from VPC 6 to VPC 7 is a paid upgrade, meaning you can't use the downloadable VPC 7.0.1 updater to update VPC 6 to VPC 7. You must purchase VPC 7 or the VPC 7 upgrade to go from 6 to 7... is this what you're trying to do?

No, thanx. I just figured it out. I bought the 7 (they sent701) upgrade but could not get it to install a legitimate copy of XP I received with my VP6 ( connectix). The work around is to:
1. copy the Extras folder with a zipped copy of XP on the original VP6 Cd to the Mac
2. unstuff the xipped XP file
3. put the folder in the ~/Documents/Virtual PC List
4. Open VP6, click settings, select Drive1 and navigate to the unstuffed XP....vfd file
5. select New install from a previous version and it should work

Back