uk broadband reccomendation/views

legomac

Registered
Does anyone have any current thoughts on broadband in uk? I have a BT line - I'm looking for a deal just for home use - min requirements 2mb - 2gb per month or unmetered. , though no real interest in huge downloads at this time, non static ip address would be good.

Guardian newspaper have been running a £40 cashback offer this week if you sign up to BT internet.

Demon seem to offer a sturdy, gimmick free, powerful, cheap, and mac friendly service. it actually seems more catered for macs than windows. we've been with them for about 6 months now.

I've heard people say all kinds of things about NTL but I've been with them for about 2 years now with no problems. They've got good uptime, they regularly upgrade my connection speed and it's relatively cheap. I have the £24.99 2 MB package. The 10MB package costs £34.99. I've just received an email saying that they'll be making mine unmetered sometime this month, which is great.

If you connect the modem via Ethernet instead of USB, it will work on a Mac (actually, if you install it via USB on Windows, you have to install their software which is pretty crappy).

Thanks folks. The Demon 2mb unmetered for £19.99 looks as good as anything I've seen so far - anyone got any feedback?

We have BT basic and it's fine when it's working ... we had many problems and it took them a month to get it working. The customer service repersentatives where in general incompetent. If you need technical support your in trouble.

Back