Utilities Missing.

Worldwalker

Registered
Hi..

Im writing in this forum hoping that someone with a bit more os x knowledge than myself can help me out.

Im using my Mac Mini, 1.42 GHz Power PC G4, 512 MB, running Os X 10.4.7, to create music on, and around the time of my last Os X update i have been missing some icons for most of my utilities. This is not the problem however since most of them still works, but is just shown as an application icon, but my Midi setup is now no longer working and this has resulted in my Midi in Cubase or any other app is not working.

I read up on it a little and learned that it might be a good idea to install the utilities thats not working from the CD's again, but i would really like to be sure what im doing, so i dont make it even worse.

Im hoping that installing the broken utilities again will fix the problem, however it HAS worked with it broken up until recently through my m-audio soundcard, but have now given up on me.

I really, really hope that someone is able to help me with some advise.

Hopefully

Mikkel

I would recommend reinstalling your missing utilities using an OS X install CD and a program called Pacifist. You can select what utilities you'd like to install again using this program. Reading the documentation for doing so beforehand would be in your best interest.

Back