Viavoice

THEMACER

Registered
I have vavoice millenium edition and its for os9. I want to know if theres anyone with the same soft that upraded to osx. I cant find the osx upgrade can any help point me in the right direction. Couldnt find it on the ibm web site.

first, i would invite you to read this old thread -

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11206&highlight=viavoice

then i would point you here -

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/speech/

i will reinforce that i have been very pleased with the os x edition. It works where the others didn't. at least for me.

i have also seen one of the online mac stores recently promoting an upgrade deal for around $100 - about what i paid for mine at mwsf. It might have been clubmac or macmall. i don't remember.

My company bought me a copy of Via Voice for Mac OSX, but I have not installed it. Becuase my G4 doesn't have a Mic input for my Plain Talk Microphone! :mad:

Figures... the year I buy a new machine, and have voice recognition I am forced to go out and buy a USB headset.

Sometimes life just isn't fair. ;)

dan - you should have gotten a mic with your viavoice. read that thread i posted earlier if you haven't. there are known problems with using other mics than the one that ships with it. so don't just grab the cheapest usb mic you can find.

(it's also a reason that viavoice probably is not in such huge demand on the warez market - it still takes money to make it work:p )

Really? Hmmm I'll have to ask my boss about that... I bet that's the new mic he got for himself around the same time...

Ahh it's all coming together now. I'll have to call him on it.

I was thinking of installing it on my G3 laptop and seeing how well it worked with the default mic.

Other then that, I think my boss was mistaken for buying it, as I am a proficient typist.

I was thinking of using it for these boards. The idea of speaking a post sounds kind of cool.;)

Heh, I am a quite proficient typist myself, but lately I have found myself writing e-mails and Word documents 99% of the time, and programming only the one remaining percent.

I am a fairly proficient typist, unfortunately, most of the time on a non-ergonomic keyboard in Emacs. So, yes, I am looking into voice recognition in order to save whatever is left of my tendons for that one percent of the work that cannot easily be dictated.

I hate business proposals...

Back