Video iPod is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroc Addict

Registered
Just watched the Quicktime stream of Apple's latest music event. It's one thing for Steve Jobs to say that a video iPod isn't going to happen in the press, but it's quite another to actually take a couple of minutes to systematically kill off the notion in front of an assembled audience.

I'm now convinced that it's not going to happen anytime soon. So, I'm off to buy an Archos or Zaurus at the next opportunity (I'll still get the iPod flash player for jogging, if/when it comes out).

Btw, I don't agree with his reasoning at all.

No content?! Idiot. I already have loads of content - more than enough to fill an iPod a few times over. Plus, he's completely missed the connection staring him straight in the face - having a video iPod would have inspired Mac users to create their own content and share it with others. It would have been a huge shot in the arm for Mac users. Wasn't this the whole point of iMovie?!

Kap

I have no interest in a video iPod.

I would like to be able to used the iPod as a firewire drive for my nice widescreen Clie though.

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up. From my reading it definitely appears that these iPod +photo will be the base for the iPod with video. I would imagine that it will just be popped into the firmware as soon as Tiger is released 1st qtr. of next year. This is going to be the reference platform of their new QuickTime TV (H.264/AVC) foundation. We're going to see neat things over the next several months I'm supposing and hoping.

We have enough threads on video iPods and iPods with colour screen etc. No need for a non-video-iPod theory thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back